Joining Hudson Valley Birth Network
If you are a healthcare professional who works with women during their childbearing years, join us!
If you'd like to meet like-minded professionals to whom you can refer your patients, join us!
If you believe that childbearing women should be educated about all available options to make informed decisions about their care, join us!
If you want to keep abreast of current, evidence-based practices that affect childbearing women, join us!
If you want to help inform the public and work for change in the healthcare system, join us!
We meet every other month at different locations in Westchester, Putnam, and Rockland counties, always on weekday evenings. Meetings include a potluck dinner, presentations by guest or HVBN member speakers, and other networking activities.
HVBN is a group that values every member's thoughts and input. Subcommittees, such as the doula group or the conference planning group, meet separately in addition to the main membership meetings.. join us!
First-time members must read the following membership benefit summary, dues statement and mission before submitting the form below. You must also sign the attestation at the end of the form. If you need help or have questions, please email email@example.com or use the form on the "Contact" page.
- Membership in the Hudson Valley Birth Network.
- Access and invitation to six bimonthly general business meetings. There are no longer any attendance requirements, but we hope you will come often so we all get to know each other and can refer with confidence.
- Minutes from general business meetings, including activity information and updates.
- Access and invitation to additional networking meetings.
- Access and invitation to related special events (some events require an attendance fee).
- Access and invitation to “subgroups” as available and applicable (doula lunches, etc.).
- Access to the members-only HVBN Facebook page.
- Instructions for joining the HVBN Yahoo group (open to our wider community).
- Listing on the HVBN Website:
- Name, contact info, link to business website, description of services/bio, photograph.
- May be listed under multiple category headings.
- May submit events for posting on the HVBN website calendar
Membership is $60 per year for all members and includes a website listing.
Please do not pay dues until you have submitted your application. Following review, a member of HVBN will contact you to welcome you to the organization and request your dues.
The Hudson Valley Birth Network is a consortium of professionals who work with women and families around pregnancy, birth, postpartum and parenting regardless of race, gender, creed, sexual orientation, birth preferences and reproductive pathways.
Hudson Valley Birth Network provides its members with the opportunity for networking, mentoring, education, advocacy, support, access to resources and professional enrichment.
Hudson Valley Birth Network provides those we serve with information, resources, education, support, access to health care professionals, advocacy and community.
HVBN Code of Conduct
Membership in HVBN is open to birth professionals regardless of race, gender, creed, sexual orientation, age, or disability. Members agree to fully support the HVBN Mission.Members will remain in good standing upon timely payment of annual dues, as well as adherence to the HVBN Mission in all forms of professional conduct and communication.
Failure to abide by the above shall result in a warning from the HVBN Board. A second offense will result in immediate termination of HVBN membership, with no refund of dues. Should a member wish to dispute an offense, they may submit a statement to the board for consideration.